Location: Princeton, NJ, US
Posted on: Mon, Jan 7 ’19
KSS Architects is currently looking for a creative, talented and team-oriented ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about exceptional design, work well with people, and communicate their ideas and approach in a clear and thoughtful manner. You will work collectively with our dynamic firm to develop innovative, thoughtful and technical solutions for a range of client and project types.
- Be passionate about design excellence and the ability of architecture to affect meaningful change—transforming the heart of the matter beyond metal and mortar, into empowerment, creativity, knowledge and achievement.
- Participate in project design and documentation in all aspects of practice; including programming, design, documentation and construction administration
- Interface with consultants and clients at every level of a project
- Review building codes to assure that design complies with legal standards.
- Prepare and lead graphic presentations, develop design in 2D and 3D, prepare project documentation for client review/approval
- A commitment to responsibility, integrity and accuracy
- Strong design and graphic skills, thoughtful and proactive approach in shaping design documentation
- Strong and respectful writing and verbal communications skills
- Excellent digital design and visualization skills with 3d modeling programs
- Fluency with REVIT, Rhino, AutoCAD, and Adobe suite
- Highly organized, with an eye for detail and problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- License not required, but we strongly encourage and support
- LEED Accreditation
Who we are
Our work environment is collaborative, sometimes hectic, but always positive. We’re an award-winning firm whose team members are fun, family-oriented, and good at what they do. Our projects have been featured in a variety of publications, from ARCHITECT magazine to The Wall Street Journal. Learn more about us on our website: www.kssarchitects.com. KSS Architects is an award-winning architecture, planning, and interior design firm with offices in New York, Philadelphia and Princeton. Since our founding in 1983, we have built an impressive portfolio of work for clients who are leaders in education, land development, commercial real estate, and corporate environments.
We consistently use creativity to turn opportunity into reality. We are relentless and fearless in our reimagining of what places can be, creating meaningful innovation that realizes many goals at once. We have honed a process of ideation, built upon intensive listening, extraordinarily deep research, transparently collaborative imagining, and deft consensus building. We think like owners, stewarding all the resources of the project to the greatest return.
Our team members have a diverse array of expertise, experience, and education. Each of us brings something different to the table. With our multitude of skills, we create environments that are beautiful, functional, relevant, and exceed expectations. We are great communicators, approachable, friendly and, most of all, dedicated to creating sustainable architecture that inspires people and communities. Collectively, we have mastered the intricacies of the architectural process by designing projects of every scope and complexity.
Salary based on experience. Permanent residency status in the United States is required.
Instructions: Please mail resume and portfolio. Portfolio should not exceed four (4) pages and 2 MB in file size. Online portfolios will not be reviewed.
Contact: Pamela Lucas Rew, FAIA, Partner
Email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about us on our website at www.kssarchitects.com